Wednesday, November 29, 2006

MUSIC! I WANT TO HEAR NEW MUSIC!


My never-ending quest for new music has lead me to sign-up for last.fm.
Looks like fun... basically you download their software, it runs as a
plugin to WMP (they have Mac versions as well) then it "scrobbles" what
you're listening to. ("scrobbling" is the act of tracking tracks and
letting uploading the info to a server somewhere)

The site then takes that info, publishes it out for the world to see, and
proceeds to try to match your musical tastes with other people on the site.
Then, they figure that since Bob and I both like Infected Mushroom, then I
might also like William Shatner since Bob just got done listening to him
read from Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes. (eek)

Anyway.. I'm here:   http://www.last.fm/user/midiwall/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home